Blog Archive

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Grammar Works for Form for Perfect and Progressive(Continuous)

Present Progressive

Form: am, is, are + ing

Example:  I am sitting on the chair.

Past Progressive

Form: was/were + ing

Example: I was sitting on the chair.

Future Progressive

Form: modal (will be/ shall be) + ing

Example: I shall be doing my homework tonight.

Present Perfect

Form: have/has + past participle

Contracted Form: I've, You've, He's, She's, It's, We've, They've

Example: I have cleaned my room. 

Past Perfect

Form: I'd, You'd, She had

           (had)+(past participle)

Example: I had cleaned my room.

Future Perfect

Form: (will)+have+past participle
           (am/is/are) + (going to) + (have) +(past participle)

Example: A room will be cleaned by them tomorrow.

Present  Perfect Progressive

Form: has been/have been + main verb-ing

Example: I have been sitting here since 10 o'clock this morning.

Past Prefect Progressive

Form: subject + had + been + main verb-ing

Example: I had been sitting here since 10 o'clock this morning.

Future Perfect Progressive

Form: will + h ave + been + main verb-ing

Example: I will have been sitting here before you arrive.


intense database